And Now, Some Trail-Running Haiku.

Stop counting the miles.
Stop longing for the finish.
Just enjoy the ride.

Feeling pretty fast
til I surprise some pronghorn:
humbled, but inspired.

Running unknown trails
my memory is stirred: I wish
I could find the truck.

Easy, light, smooth, fast
just like Caballo Blanco
the first mile or so.

I have seen elk run
five miles through these same mountains
And not break a sweat.

Altitude training
In triumph, I top the ridge
Gasp! Gasp! Gasp! Gasp! Gasp!

No past, no future,
Just now:  each step a journey
Every breath a prayer.

Living God, thank you
for aspens, flowers, good health,
for strength that humbles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Name is David...

Same-Sex Marriage: A Few Thoughts from an American Christian

A Ruined Painting

Aut Pax Aut Bellum